You wouldn't think that cleaning house would provide opportunities for creativity, but you would be wrong, apparently. Yesterday Papa Bear had a minor (and highly justified) freak-out because our apartment was (was? is) a complete sty. Apparently my daily "wash dishes, do laundry" routine isn't enough to keep the place livable -which makes sense because it doesn't allow for, say, garbage or bathrooms or compost or clutter or...you get the idea.
Anyway, he started cleaning and I freaked out a bit at him and then we talked and I got motivated. And when Little Bear was napping in my lap I took a notebook and started drawing up Grand Organizational Plans. It was fun, motivating, and -I think- creative. All good things. Now, the problem with Grand Organizational Plans is that they have to be put into action, and did you ever notice how things get waaaaay messier before they get cleaner? Welcome to this week. Possibly longer than this week because I have a 5-month old to deal with too...a 5-month old only-napping-on-Mummy-er.
Ah well, no one said creativity was easy.
Gotta cut this short -Little Bear is awake and wondering why I'm ignoring him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I hope this works this time... (Haven't figured out to leave a comment here yet.)
I recently came across this site: http://chorebuster.net/Default.aspx, which may be of use to you. It allows you to enter in information about all your personal chores and then divies them up among family members in a fair schedule according to the difficulty and/or unpleasantness of each chore, people's ages and capabilities, and time to do them. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks helpful.
Good luck, Mama Bear!
Post a Comment