Sunday, January 18, 2009

A quick post...

...because it's past my bedtime, as sad as that is.

Here is the latest addition to my collection of poems about Isadora Duncan. Please be nice to me, as it's a work in progress, and I haven't shared my poetry with anyone in years.

On Marriage

I'll have none of your
Modern-day prudery.
No man will ever
Bind me to him
With a golden ring;
Odious slavery.

I'll be no man's chattel.


It's funny that I wrote this, seeing as I'm married and always wanted to be. Isadora? Not so much. She actually wrote that the idea of getting married "for the sake of your children" was ridiculous because if a woman didn't trust a man to provide for her and their kids without being legally bound to do so, maybe she would be better off without him.

OK, now it really IS past my bedtime!
Goodnight!

No comments: