Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day Salad

Some days I get inspired in the kitchen. Today was one of those days, possibly due to our family trip to the gourmet supermarket this morning. Here's the salad I made for supper (to go with stuffed pork chops):

Mixed spinach and romaine hearts
Sweet onion, chopped
Button mushrooms, sliced
Dried cherries
Grated Irish cheddar cheese (regular cheddar would work, but Irish cheddar is sweeter and has a nutty flavour that is amazing with dried cherries)
Pecans

Top with:
Olive oil
Salt & Pepper
Red wine vinegar (just a little bit)

It was SO GOOD, and a great meal to kick off what will hopefully be a wonderful 4 years!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

That sounds delicious!

I'm curious: did Papa Bear eat the pork chops? He NEVER used to eat pork!

Mama Bear said...

Yup! He spent the first couple years with me claiming he didn't like it...until he tried it and now he does :-P