It was better than yesterday (yesterday I got so mad I threw a box across the room. I am an excellent model of handling anger. My son will in no way grow up poorly adjusted because of my issues. *hangs head*). Parts of it could even be deemed excellent -like when we finally got Papa Bear the TV he's been
About a week ago I applied to be part of the team making The Beckoning of Lovely. I haven't told ANYONE about it besides Papa Bear (I posted about the submission procedure on LJ, but afterward I found out she was recruiting team members). I so want to be part of this project -if not this one, then something like it. The world is full of people making these amazing, wonderful, beautiful things that fill others with joy. I want to do that. I have done that in my dance classes, but I would love to be able to create something that I could hold in my hands and show people. Also something that didn't require me to rent studio space, advertise, pay insurance, change out of my flannel pants, and be anywhere at the same time each week would be nice.
SARK, one of my favourite beautiful people, is presenting a writing workshop at Kripalu in May. I think I feel about this workshop the way that Papa Bear has been feeling about the TV...I want to go SO BAD, but I know it will probably never happen, and if it does happen it won't be for years and years. That makes me sad. Actually, that could have a lot to do with my melancholy/ambivalent mood today. I would love to get together with a group of people and play and be creative but I can't because when SARK is running her workshop in Massachussetts I will be at home with a 9.5-month-old. End of story.
Anyway, enough with the rambling. I'm just making myself depressed. I will end on the high note and say the following:
1. HDTV is amazing. And, instead of getting a bunch of Boy Movies, Papa Bear got the BBC Natural History Collection on Blu-Ray (Planet Earth plus 3 other specials) because he knew I wanted it. And it is absolutely the most stunningly beautiful thing I've ever seen. It's like you're there, only you have super-powered eyes. Unbelievable.
2. When we get our HDTV box we will also get a DVR, which means I will not have to choose between no sleep and missing BSG. Yay!
3. Today's purchase means that I don't have to worry about birthday presents for Papa Bear for at least this year and possibly next year as well. And that's convenient.
4. Even if I don't get chosen as a participant in the Beckoning of Lovely team, I came up with an entry that feels exactly right. I'm still working on the presentation, but the text is just what I wanted. So I can (hopefully) still be involved.
5. Although I can't go to the SARK workshop, I already have the book it's based on and if I put my mind to it I can do my own thing at home. It won't cost as much as tuition, travel, and lodging would. And that's something...
OK, now I feel this better. I officially deem today...."mostly good."



1 comment:
It sucks that you can't go to the Sark thing. I know you love her. But it sounds like you came up with a good alternative, and hopefully the opportunity will come up again when you CAN go.
As for the TV, I'm jealous! Enjoy!
Post a Comment