Last night as I was lying in bed wondering WHY THE HELL I WASN'T SLEEPING (Grrr) I started thinking about haikus. I vaguely remember being forced to write haikus in school...that whole 17 syllable total, 5/7/5 thing. Usually mine were about sunrises/sunsets/spring/autumn/insert your overdone poetic subject here. And then I remembered possibly the best t-shirt ever seen on YouTube (on Brotherhood 2.0, by some bizarre-not-really coincidence) that said:
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they make no sense
Refrigerator
And I started chuckling (albeit silently because even though *I* was up, Little Bear was not). Who was the genius who thought that up?? I love it! Anyway, then I thought I would try my hand at writing unpoetic haikus -just for a creative brain twister. So here they are:
Math can be quite fun
Addition is cool but not
Multiplication.
Little Bear sleeps on
My chest in his wrap. I am
Tired of standing.
Cat puke squishes up
Chilly between my poor toes.
Screw you, stupid cats!
Haikus really are
A lot of fun to write but
Are these poetry?
HEE! OK, that was even more fun than I thought it would be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment