Thursday, January 8, 2009

OK...for REAL this time!

Woah...where did December GO? I blink and it's gone. My father-in-law told me and Papa Bear that time would move faster when we had a kid, but I'm somehow still surprised by the rate at which this year is passing!

The new year blew in with a raging blizzard which almost snowed us into the cottages we were staying at with friends. We managed to get home on the 1st, but it was dicey -we drove through whiteout conditions and covered roads pretty much the entire way home!

So far I have to say that I'm enjoying 2009. There's a new feeling in the air -a movement, an energy that is a nice change after the stagnation and mental/emotional doldrums I was stuck in for the last couple months of 2008. Sometimes you need to hit bottom in order to bounce back and soar, I guess. Since January 1st I've been spending a lot of time online, but for once I've been exploring new sites and encountering new ideas. I'm very inspired!

Highlights of the past week's internet-exploring include the following:


Amy K's The Beckoning of Lovely project

What a wonderful way to explore all the beautiful things we create in this world!

Sabrina Ward Harrison's True Living Project
I hadn't visited her site in a couple of years, and I'd forgotten how astoundingly, mindblowingly beautiful and inspiring her work is.

The Vlog Brothers' Brotherhood 2.0.o.9 Project

I can understand if you think this one doesn't belong on the same list, but think about it...these guys have united thousands of people in a community that celebrates intelligence, education, and "decreasing WorldSuck" by contributing to charities around the world. And that, my friends, is inspiring.


It's people like these that make me want to shout and laugh and cry at how amazing humanity is and how beautiful life can be. They make me want to dig deep and find my own lovely, rainbow-hued soul and show it to the world. They remind me that even when my son is teething and my feet hurt and it's crappy out I can look around and still see the beauty of my world. And that, really, is what The Adventures of Mama Bear is all about.




No comments: