Tuesday, January 27, 2009

TaDa! Organization!

We finally uploaded our digital photos to a computer, and I can therefore fulfill my promise of showing off our organizational goodness. Just be glad you can't see Papa Bear's office, because that's where all the mess went :-P

OK, here is our newly shortened entertainment centre, our new TV, and our Papa-Bear's-back-killing bookshelves:
And here is Little Bear's bookshelf and change table, formerly known as "Wow, we have way too many DVDs for this little bookshelf!" (the bins at the bottom have all of his baby quilts/blankets in them). Diaper pail on the left, laundry basket on the right:

Here is Little Bear's play area, with my steamer-trunk-turned-toy-chest. That huge teddy bear is named Grizzle, aka Big Maskwa:

And finally, here is the star of the show, Little Bear himself!





4 comments:

Amy said...

I love the entertainment unit, I'm jealous of all that storage. Great idea having the diaper station right there too, I have to lug this guy upstairs so many times a day it's exhausting!

Mama Bear said...

Thanks! It was one of those big, hulking ones before we tore the top of it off -it opened up the room SO much!

We used to keep all of Little Bear's stuff in the bedroom, but then we realized that I was doing ALL of his daytime changes in the living room -Papa Bear has an erratic sleep schedule, and is usually in the bedroom for part of the day. I officially love this set-up!

One of the very few reasons I'm glad we're still in an apartment is the lack of stairs. I think I would probably have a heart attack!

Kerry said...

Oooo! Ahhhhh! Pretty!

I personally like having my change area upstairs -- gives me exercise to change him! ;) Plus, I usually have to pee then, anyway, and that's where the only bathroom is. You may find the diaper pail a tad stinky once he starts solids... but hopefully not. It's a very cool set-up.

And may I say, Little Bear is freaking adorable?

Mama Bear said...

You may! :-)

Good point about the solid poops...maybe I'll put the diaper pail in the bathroom at that point, since I'll have to go there to rinse his poopy diapers off.

If Little Bear gets much bigger I'll have trouble walking on a flat surface while carrying him, let alone upstairs! Apparently my brother got so heavy that my mom had to sit on the stairs and scooch up/down when she was carrying him!