Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This is My Year

Last week's Creative Sunday assignment was to create a list of intentions and goals for the next year...a map to get us where we want to go. It was an interesting exercise for me...it demonstrated the power of wording. If I worded things as a "to-do" list or tried to quantify things exactly I found myself getting completely stressed out. Putting a number on things ("Drink 2.5 litres of water a day") made me feel like if I didn't reach that number exactly I would be failing...and that's not good. Drinking 2L of water is better than not drinking ANY, after all! So, after a false start or two, here is my This Is My Year list:

This is my Health: I feel vibrant, radiant, and fully IN my body.
-I do Energy Medicine daily
-I dance my chores
-I drink plenty of water
-I participate in a fitness community
-I eat vibrantly healthy foods: (I incorporate more raw foods into my diet, I buy local and organic whenever I can, I avoid "angry foods" and eat free-range meat and eggs)
-I eat mindfully

These are my Relationships: My relationships are open-hearted, unconditional, and well-maintained.
-I spend solo time with Papa Bear every day (even if this means staying up later)
-I connect with friends regularly (monthly would be GREAT)
-I communicate honestly and respect points of view. I also respect my OWN point of view.
-I parent with respect and unconditional love

This is my Abundance: I am debt-free and bringing in income in a way that makes my heart sing.
-I put extra money on credit cards
-I use up ALL groceries (no throwing away rotten leftovers)
-I share my creative endeavours
-I SUBMIT WORK TO PUBLISHERS!!!!

This is my Creativity: I joyfully create every day.
-I participate in Creative Adventure Sundays and Mission Mondays and blog about it.
-I write Something on my novel every day (one sentence is fine)
-I finish my novel draft this summer
-I finish Isadora this year
-I write a children's story for Little Bear
-I create 50 crafty-things this year.

This is my Purpose: I live my life with mindfulness and an open heart. My job is happiness.
-I practice gratitude daily
-I joyfully share my insights, creations, and struggles
-I keep energy in mind
-I seek out teachers and mentors
-I am kind to myself, but also honestly admit mistakes.
-I practice forgiveness (of MYSELF as well as others)

This is how I practice Self-Love/Self-Care:
-I focus on what Is and not what "should be"
-I take the path of gentleness
-I use the good bath stuff
-I take a complete break once a week
-I give myself Reiki regularly
-I meditate at bedtime each night
-I move every day in ways that make me smile


This is how I experience Happiness/Adventure: I experience JOY every day and with my Whole Heart.
-I cultivate optimism
-I trust the universe
-I appreciate the "small things"


When I reviewed my lists I realized that there were certain things I wanted to do daily, habits I wanted to commit to. So I created a final category: This Is My Day:

This is My Day:
-I do Energy Medicine
-I make a Gratitude Post
-I move my body
-I write Something
-I make Something
-I divinely declutter
-I listen to music
-I connect with Papa Bear and Little Bear
-I focus on the breath

6 comments:

ABCcreativity said...

what a sweet list!

i do hear you on the "to-do list" aspect! i don't usually use to-do lists as i don't like being told what to do, even by me! lol

that is why i brought in feelings and intentions, they are so much more important to me than specific outcomes, and at the same time they open to door to achieving specific outcomes with more ease, joy and lightness.

Jenn said...

Very joyful list! I love how you even add joy to chores and decluttering!! :) Sounds like you have an awesome year in store for you!

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing your lists. Dancing through chores is a great idea! I have done this before, but you reminded me to turn on the music the next time I clean!

Mama Bear said...

YAY! Thanks for the comments! I'm excited about this year!

I really do find that turning on the music and boogie-ing through chores helps -they go faster, I do them more happily, Xander doesn't fuss as much (usually), and I get a bit of a workout.

Oh, and I've done my "this is my day" list twice so far, and it is AMAZING. It makes me feel SO GOOD!

pink said...

I love your "This Is My Day" list. And I'm fascinated by the concept of angry foods. What are angry foods?

Ginny Baker said...

This is a great list Meg and I love how you broke it down to a This is My Day list too! I think I'm going to incorporate that into my week to help me with my goal of taking steps daily towards my goals. Love the Wishcrafting Wednesdays and Mission Mondays too! I had been doing Motivational Mondays and Worktable Wednesdays but got kind of off track. The idea behind Worktable Wednesdays was to get me to my table and working! LOL