Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Creating my Goddess Year...

Before the New Year I downloaded Goddess Leonie's GORGEOUS and LOVELY Creating My Goddess Year Workbook & Planner. I didn't get to print it off until yesterday, so apart from some notes that I took in a spiral-bound notebook on New Years Eve I didn't have anything to show until today.



Working on the planner has been interesting. The year in review activities made me realize just how much I had to be thankful for this year:


The "100 things to do" list that I posted on the 3rd made me realize what themes were really important to me for the year. But what they all seem to boil down to is my one word for the year:
MINDFULNESS
In the most Buddhist sense of the word...cultivating presence and awareness in my day-to-day life.
In the Christian(ish) sense: being mindful of the needs of others and helping when I can.
And in the environmental sense, being aware of my impact on the earth.
Finding this word has made me very happy.

I loved creating my Goddess Habits. I'm going to copy this poster and put it up on the fridge so I can see it every day.


Mapping my body as I feel now brought up a lot of negativity because I don't feel particularly good right now. I haven't been able to dance since before I had Little Bear (I don't mean I haven't been physically able to, I mean that I can't seem to do it...I'm self-conscious about it, and that is SO not me. It freaks me out because I can't remember the last time I wasn't able to dance). Anyway...there was a lot of brown and red and stuckness and closed-off-ness and I don't feel like showing it. But I will show you my vision for this year:

I think it says a whole heap about how much my body is calling out for Reiki. Reiki and Yoga. And hopefully dance. Please, please let me dance.

This evening I got a precious hour of baby-free time from Papa Bear and I put it to good use by writing out my Goddess Goals and starting my To-Do List Book. The Goddess Goals were VERY hard for me...I wrote a bunch of stuff down and then realized that what I'd put was more of a stressful to-do list and less of a dream/intention list...and it was stressing me out instead of inspiring me. So I went back, looked at what I'd written and rephrased some things. In some cases I took several "goals" and condensed them into a larger dream. Then, once I was happy, I started my book:

Ah, bubble letters! My favourite thing in the world is to write in bubble letters and to colour in rainbow colours. Papa Bear thinks it's adorable and funny, but I can't help it. I went with what made me happy. I got all the headings written and the cover page coloured, and then Little Bear wanted me to hang out with him. And after a failed attempt to put him to bed I went with my gut. My gut had noticed the wistful way he had reached for my art supplies when he came to see me, so Little Bear and I sat down together with soft "Chakra 6" music playing and we drew and coloured. I'll show you mine first.

Here's a Big Dream:

(Yes, I know the pages are blank...I haven't done the list-making yet. Maybe I'll share again once I'm done that part)

Here's a smaller dream:

(It means that I want to have 50 creations, either knitted, crocheted, or sewed posted to my Facebook album by the end of the year)

Here's a big and beautiful and Vitally Important one:

(I thought this was especially appropriate as Little Bear and I sat side by side and coloured peacefully...and he didn't throw a single coloured pencil for ages)

And here is what my little man drew:

The circles are a relatively recent development. Up until this week it was all zigzags.

Look at all the tiny circles! The colours are by me -I did them whenever he handed me a coloured pencil. Also, obviously, the "Blue" and the square are by me. But all those teensy tiny circles? Those were done by an under-17-month-old. Papa Bear and I are SO proud :-)

So, that's the progress I've made so far. It's been an oddly quiet journey for me, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to share it. But then my Little Bear showed me such magic that I knew it cried out to be shared. I can't wait to "work" on it some more tomorrow. <3 <3 <3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your posts are super inspiring! :)

I'm very impressed with the circles. Liam is not that advanced, I don't think. He makes more lines... Oh, but he does tiny circles on each part or object in a coloring book, like he's marking each one. But no actual "coloring". It makes me a little sad, but there's time... and Jonah! ;) Maybe HE'LL be my little artist.

Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

oh this is SO beautiful sweetest woman... you are just so magical & inspiring... and I so love what you have shared here hon... may your 2010 be divine & shining!

Carrie B said...

I love it! I also have the Goddess Guidebook and am taking Radiant Goddess. What an inspiring thing to know others are doing the same!