Sunday, January 31, 2010

Creative Adventure Sunday!

Happy Sunday!
This week's Creating Dreams Come True assignment was to try something new.  I couldn't take a different route to work, as my work is my life (no, really, that's what a stay at home mom is...at work all the time...luckily it doesn't FEEL like work).  But I did find some fun ways to change things up a bit:

-I did a dance "workout" every single day (usually I exercise very VERY sporadically)
-I wrote a little bit of my novel every day instead of leaving it all until Sunday afternoon (SO MUCH BETTER THIS WAY!!)
-I tried a raw dessert recipe using dates (it was truffles made of ground nuts, dates, and cocoa, and it was AMAZING!)
-I crocheted instead of knitted (and I'm getting MUCH better at it!  And best of all, it's SO much more babyproof than knitting!)
-I took a book into the bedroom at naptime...so that when Little Bear woke up after the first hour (which he ALWAYS does) I could lie there and read while he nursed back down.  Best idea EVER.
-instead of squeezing in a shower once or twice a week I washed my hair in the sink every other day and took sponge baths...result: I was cleaner and felt more human.  I'd tried this before, but this time I did it regularly. 
-I shopped at a new store: The Local Source Market.  I've been trying to get us more local and organic foods, and this was a wonderful place to shop.  The free-range bacon they sell is AMAZING.

Now that I've started doing these things, I really think I'll keep on doing them.  The changes I made weren't radical, and they were ones I probably would have eventually made...but this assignment inspired me to get going on them.  It just goes to show that outside of our everyday routines there are habits that are more supportive of the dreams we have and the life we want to live...if only we take the time to step outside our boxes and TRY them.

Oh, and P.S.: Last week's success tracker?  I did it every day this week, and it has made a HUGE difference.

2 comments:

ABCcreativity said...

awesome, awesome and more awesome!!! way to go!

Ginny Baker said...

Awesome Meg! I'm a fellow creative adventurer and I really enjoy your blog. I stopped by to give you the Sunshine Award because your posts make me smile!

Please stop by my blog to receive your award:

http://www.designsbyginnybaker.blogspot.com/