Thursday, February 5, 2009

Oof...tired. But determined to post!

I'm completely exhausted and way too keyed up to sleep. Things are finally moving on the Beckoning of Lovely front, and the email is flying like...something that...flies a lot? You know what I mean.

Today I had a conference call with some of the key cabinet members to share ideas, get a sense of the larger goals and How to Proceed. It was a good meeting, very exciting stuff was discussed, but I have to say...conference calls? Not my favourite medium of communication. Very effective, and it was cool to be on there...but I have a lot of trouble speaking up in a group when I can sense body language, let alone when I can't see anyone! Ah well -it was nice to see things get underway, and the issues I had were totally to do with me and my extreme shyness around strangers, even super-awesome-friendly ones.

Anyway, in other news I have successfully managed to break myself of the parenting-board habit...by going back to the SARK message board:-P And let me demonstrate why I love this place so much:

Here were the first few threads I read:

1. Someone asking for prayers/good vibes for a doctor's visit
2. A meeting of "joy rebel warriors"
3. A collection of beautiful poetry and photos
4. A thread of support for a woman who filed for divorce today
5. A collection of haikus to celebrate the upcoming marriage of a board member

That's it. No debates. No judgment. Just immense outpourings of love and support and creativity. I felt like I was going back home.

Now, I know it's not for everyone -Papa Bear, for one, is far too cynical to enjoy something like this- but it is the perfect place for someone like me. And it makes me very happy to be back!

Anyway, this is a disjointed entry, but it's an hour past my bedtime, so it'll have to do!

Nighty night!

No comments: