Interesting fact: changing into something other than PJs or yoga pants has a stimulating effect on my levels of motivation and productivity.
Less-exciting but equally interesting fact: having a baby suddenly drop his first nap of the day makes productivity slightly more difficult. That being said, I seem to find a vast amount of time to spend on email, Facebook, LJ, and messageboards, so obviously there is time to be had even when he IS awake.
Yesterday I came to an important realization: I am tired of being a financial liability. It makes me feel itchy. So I am taking steps to change things. They may be small steps, but they are steps. And I will make one every day, even if it's just a five-minute thing like locating my "Six Steps to Getting the Job You Want" book (check) or reading up on how to submit a manuscript to publishers (check).
My purpose in writing on here right now is two-fold:
1. My realization re: clothing is kind of cool and I felt like sharing.
2. If I tell someone my plans then I will feel like I need to take some action.
OK, so...plans.
Here is my Grand Plan for Wild Success:
1. Put on clothes every morning. Obviously I mean clothes that I would actually go somewhere in. So at least jeans and a t-shirt.
2. Keep a record of planned micromovements. Micromovements are a SARK term, and they mean tasks which take a maximum of 5 minutes to do. Every journey starts with a single step, you know.
3. Commit to at least one micromovement daily. This is in addition to my 5-pages-a-week novel writing project which is coming along quite well, by the way.
And...that's it!
I know you're probably rolling your eyes and thinking "Sure, whatever, Mama," but look at it this way: Doing nothing guarantees failure. Doing something guarantees that something will get done. Logic! (Oh, and as a fun side note I actually wrote "doing someone" at the start of that second sentence. Papa Bear will be thrilled :-P)
Anywhoo, I have split pea soup on the boil, biscuits to make, and a job book to skim. Also, Little Bear is playing with a pen again.
Here's to wild success for all of us! Let's get dressed and DO something (or someone :-P)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment