Thursday, March 18, 2010

A statement of intention:

I've been spending the past few weeks thinking deeply about my creative dreams.  They've been in transition, and I've been allowing them space to flex and morph.  But I seem to have arrived at some clarity, and I wanted to write it down.  Here are my So-Big-They're-Scary-But-I-Really-Want-Them dreams:

I want to perform my own choreography.  For real.
I want to take Kripalu Yoga's 500-hour Yoga Teacher Training
I want to own a house with a yoga-and-dance studio in it.
I want to be a published author.
I want to be part of the tide of change in parenting approaches.

There they are, folks...my really-super-scary-but-MAN-will-they-feel-good dreams.  Each one has about 50 million steps to get to that point, and my plan is to refocus my efforts on my Goddess To-Do-List book so I know how I need to proceed to get there.  Once that's done I'll post a new update.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You can make those dreams come true! You can so do it! I was reading a little bit of The Joy Diet by Martha Beck last night--If you haven't seen this book, I suggest you check it out from your library. Anyway, I was just reading a passage about this sentiment you posted here.

I won't quote the entire passage here, but it's on page 69, under "Uncomfortable Truth #1 You Are Always Responsible for Creating Your Life, Whether You Like It or Not" She ends the first paragraph like this:
"Whether consciously or unconsciously, you have more power to create your own life than anyone or anything else."

My daughter has taken Yoga from a woman who has a small studio in the basement of her home. Maybe she would talk to you about the steps she took to make this happen? You have my e-mail address, if you're interested, contact me!

Here's to creating and living the life you imagine!

Anonymous said...

these dreams sounds great ! Stay on the track !

http://eveil-creatif.over-blog.com